Doug (dhug means cloud in Marathi) is a hand-crafted bracelet made by women cotton farmers in India to raise money in times of drought. It’s poetic that they’ve chosen the cloud to be a symbol of this hopeful initiative.
The packaging is a simple brown with the thought neatly laid out on the front and the bracelet displayed almost like it’s a floating cloud.
It’s easy-to-make, great to look at and can be neatly parceled off to those who want to help.
Get your Doug here.
, Pii shot
Péro, an ethereally lovely handcrafted clothing line and All Things Chocolate, a scrumptiously unique brand of artisan chocolate, come together in these preciously chequered gingham boxes. As collectible as they come, these boxes are. Mostly used to store stash, safety pins and paper clips. Yes, I asked around.
Find All Things here, and Péro here.
Olie is known for its island-inspired designs, natural fabrics and simplistic design sensibilities. So when I found that they had an entire section dedicated just to boxes, I was thrilled. Thrilled to note that they’re using left over fabric to make gifting and storing a pleasure.
These boxes – available in rectangles, hexagonals, rounds and squares – are wrapped neatly in fabric and finished fine.
Ideal for storing your preciouses or gifting treasures to your preciouses.
Find Olie ware here.
Aparna Das Sadhukhan’s jewellery brand, Nine By Thirty is a work of love. So when she needed packaging for it, she turned to more love, her Ma.
Mrs D recycled beautiful old sarees and fabrics to make pouches for NBT’s necklaces and earrings.
Love all the emotions and designs surrounding this one.
Find Nine By Thirty here.
Using the skills of India’s designers, Chindi uses the textile industries’ scrap materials to make the most pleasing products.Crochets, knots and a lot of love go into Chindi products.
This here is their market bag.
I’ve seen a lot of upcycled/recycled bags and none of them have the aesthetic balance Chindi’s products do.
Find them here.
I personally like their yoga mat bag straps.
‘97% India’ is the tagline. The rest of the 3% is open to the world and its influences.
With its Nandi tones and crimson shades, No-Mad crafts products straight from the heart. Distinct and very wantable.
When K first pointed me to their post, the first thing I noticed was the effort that went into each carton. The sides were hand sewn and the whole package was well thought through. Careful placement of the label that was so central and so easy to have been done in a slap-on-postage stamp kind of way. But not.
The cloth bags carry on it the very Indian buta print. A bold red and 100% cotton make these pouches very reusable. The canvas labels on it are inspired by desi laundry tags – perfect in its finish and charming in its source of inspiration.
Images Copyright: No-Mad 97% India. Website: www.no-mad.in. Email: email@example.com. C: +91 98203 61687
A scarf, a thin rectangular towel, a dupatta, a sari, the lungi. Any of these can make the perfect carrier for that just-about-anything you’re worrying about lugging around – Screaming babies, giggly puppies, bricks or books.
What I find most appealing though is the storage factor once you’re done with it – folds neatly away and takes up minimal space.
Picture and story via Gopal MS and his fab Mumbai Paused blog. Click here to visit it.